Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Fifty Shades of Grey - Good or Bad?


There has been a lot of talk going on about the movie Fifty Shades of Grey ever since the book came out. When it was announced that a movie was going to be made, it felt like the whole world went crazy because of the books "sensitive" subject. There was so much bad criticism about everything, it seemed. I must say that I haven't read the book, but all this made me want to see the movie. And just like the book, the movie recieved a lot of bad critisicm. For me, it felt like people where criticizing something they themselves had no experiences with but felt they had the right to critizes it because it is not a "normal" thing to do or want. I'm talking about the BDSM. So, because of that, I had to go and see the movie for myself. 

I didn't know what to expect when I sat down in the movie theater and the film started to play, but to my surprise, I found myself really enjoying the movie. It was loaded with emotions and hot sceens, but nothing was too much. Dakota Johnson was perfect for the role. She managed to play a sweet and innocent woman with little experiences in life very well. Even Jamie Dornan made a great job with his role, but he didn't really put off those vibes Anastasia seemed to get from him. I didn't experience him as intense enough. 

I loved the acting, but I also enjoyed many of the sceens, especially the business meeting sceen. That one was just perfect! The music was perfect for the movie as well. I found myself laughing quite often, and sometimes it felt like I was watching a comedy as well, but it was all fitted just right into the story. Some have said that the movie lacks a story line, but I thought there was a very clear story in it. It was about two peoples sexual experiences and relationship, how they got to know each other and how things evolved for them.

In my eyes, this was a great movie. I wouldn't mind seeing it again. I would also like to say: Don't listen to the critics! Go and see for yourself. 


1 comment:

  1. Going to see it this afternoon it's half price. Not read the book either. Just seeing what all the hype about. Jamie Dornan has a nice body and I like him.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...